If you are passionate about making a difference in the life of students, and like an environment that prides itself on providing individual attention; leading edge, evidence based teaching methods; a workplace with lots of team spirit, fun, and opportunities to learn and contribute ideas; consider a career at Brighton School.
Successful teacher candidates must be Ontario Certified Teachers and have Spec Ed qualifications (may be in progress). Education Assistant applicants should have related degrees or certification. Please send us your resume with a cover letter, and if we think you might be a good fit for Brighton, we’ll call you for an interview. We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Positions Available as of January 18, 2017
- Teacher (job description below)
Brighton School – Toronto, ON
Qualifications for Teachers:
- Ontario Certified Teacher, in good status with OCT
- Special Education Qualifications at least level 1, or willing to obtain
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Curriculum
- Passion for making a difference in the life of students with learning challenges, and desire to work in an environment that prides itself on providing individual attention
Brighton is a private school for students in grades 1-12 who have academic challenges, learning differences and/or social difficulties.
Our Elementary program uses a small learning group format to teach both curriculum-based, and remediation programs such as Direct Instruction reading, Lindamood Bell Comprehension, Jump Math and Touchmath, while our art, drama, music and after school programs provide opportunities for our students to explore their creative side.
Our school values team spirit and collaboration, and provides many opportunities for teachers to grow and learn professionally. We’re located in the Lawrence and Don Mills area of Toronto, and are TTC accessible. Please visit our website at www.brightonschool.ca for more information about our school.
Brighton is a member of OFIS – the Ontario Federation of Independent Schools.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume w/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- List job title in subject line and cover letter (“P/J Teacher” or “J/I Teacher” or “I/S Teacher”).
- Please save us time and increase your chances of being interviewed by customizing your cover letter to address our stated needs. In your cover letter, please let us know your:
- Relevant qualifications
- Years of experience
- Salary expectations
We wish to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.