In honour of Earth Day on Saturday, April 22nd, we will be celebrating a day early on Friday, April 21st! Earth Day is an annual celebration that honors the achievements of the environmental movement and raises awareness of the need to protect Earth’s natural resources for future generations.
This Friday will be also casual day and students are encouraged to wear something Green!
Throughout this week, teachers have activities planned around saving the earth. On Friday afternoon, each class will also be doing fun earth day inspired activities!
We can all help the earth through little actions everyday. Here are some ways you can help the earth:
- Picking up garbage/not littering
- Recycling – learn more about what you can and cannot recycle HERE
- Planting plants for our pollinators (bees and butterflies)
- Conserve water
- Reduce plastic consumption
- Plant a tree
- Turn off your lights and other electronics when you’re not using them
- Buy more sustainable clothing
- Spread the message! Teach others what you learn to help the earth!